Close Menu
  • Home
  • World News
  • Latest News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Opinions
  • Tech News
  • World Economy
  • More
    • Entertainment News
    • Gadgets & Tech
    • Hollywood
    • Technology
    • Travel
    • Trending News
Trending
  • Circumventing SWIFT & Neocon Coup Of American International Coverage
  • DOJ Sues Extra States Over In-State Tuition for Unlawful Aliens
  • Tyrese Gibson Hails Dwayne Johnson’s Venice Standing Ovation
  • Iran says US missile calls for block path to nuclear talks
  • The Bilbao Impact | Documentary
  • The ‘2024 NFL Week 1 beginning quarterbacks’ quiz
  • San Bernardino arrest ‘reveals a disturbing abuse of authority’
  • Clear Your Canine’s Ears and Clip Your Cat’s Nails—Consultants Weigh In (2025)
PokoNews
  • Home
  • World News
  • Latest News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Opinions
  • Tech News
  • World Economy
  • More
    • Entertainment News
    • Gadgets & Tech
    • Hollywood
    • Technology
    • Travel
    • Trending News
PokoNews
Home»World News»Israel Says It Recovered the Stays of Two Hostages in Gaza
World News

Israel Says It Recovered the Stays of Two Hostages in Gaza

DaneBy DaneJune 12, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
Israel Says It Recovered the Stays of Two Hostages in Gaza
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel stated on Wednesday that the navy and safety forces had recovered the stays of two Israeli hostages held in Gaza because the Oct. 7, 2023, Hamas-led assault that ignited the battle.

“The our bodies of two of our hostages had been returned to Israel,” Mr. Netanyahu stated in a press release, including that solely one in every of their names, Yair Yaakov, had been cleared for publication.

Mr. Netanyahu stated Mr. Yaakov had been “murdered and kidnapped” by the militant group Islamic Jihad within the 2023 assault. “Along with all residents of Israel, my spouse and I lengthen our heartfelt condolences to the households who misplaced their dearest family members,” he added.

The Israeli navy stated in a press release on Wednesday concerning the different hostage: “His household has been notified and his identify can be cleared for launch later.”

Mr. Yaakov had been a member of Kibbutz Nir Oz, a farming group close to the border with Gaza that was hit exhausting by the assault. He was 59 when he was killed, based on a press release from the Hostages and Lacking Households Discussion board, which represents the family of some captives.

He was taken from his residence alongside along with his youngsters, Or and Yagil, and his associate, Meirav, based on the discussion board, and his dying was confirmed in February 2024. The opposite relations had been launched as a part of a short lived cease-fire deal in November 2023.

“Yair was a faithful household man with an enormous coronary heart, at all times prepared to assist others,” the discussion board stated in its assertion on behalf of Mr. Yaakov’s youngsters.

An undated picture of Yair Yaakov, whose stays had been recovered, the Israeli prime minister stated on Wednesday.Credit score…Hostages’ Households Discussion board, through Related Press

On Saturday, Israeli safety forces stated they’d recovered the physique of a Thai citizen, Nattapong Pinta, who was in his 30s and a farmworker at Kibbutz Nir Oz when he was kidnapped to Gaza within the 2023 assault.

Final week, the Israeli authorities stated they’d recovered from Gaza the stays of two Israeli-American members of Kibbutz Nir Oz: Judi Weinstein Haggai, 70, who was additionally a Canadian citizen; and her husband, Gadi Haggai, 72.

The newest operation brings to 53 the variety of residing and lifeless captives believed to be held in Gaza. The Israeli authorities has stated that as much as 23 hostages are believed to be alive.

The hostage announcement on Wednesday got here because the Israeli navy was conducting intense operations in Gaza, in what it stated was an effort to take away Hamas from energy. It additionally got here as Israel was dealing with rising worldwide strain over its conduct of the battle. In March, Israel imposed a roughly 80-day blockade on humanitarian assist coming into the enclave, because the preliminary part of a two-month cease-fire with Hamas ended.

Each side had been speculated to be negotiating the following steps within the truce. Israeli officers argued that the restrictions aimed to strain Hamas to compromise. Support organizations suspended their operations as meals stockpiles dwindled, the value of meals skyrocketed, and humanitarian teams warned of mass privation and starvation.

In late Could, a extensively criticized assist distribution system backed by Israel and run largely by American contractors started working within the enclave. Its efforts have been marred by chaos at assist websites and lethal violence close by.

In accordance with the well being authorities in Gaza, who don’t distinguish between civilians and combatants, greater than 55,000 Palestinians have been killed within the battle because the Oct. 7, 2023, assaults.

Nir Oz has change into a logo of the scale of the 2023 assault, which noticed about one in 4 of the village’s roughly 400 residents both killed or kidnapped. In whole, about 250 folks, together with overseas nationals, had been taken hostage that day and about 1,200 folks killed, based on the Israeli authorities.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleLGBTQ Illustration In Movie Hits 3-12 months Low, GLAAD Finds
Next Article The EPA Needs to Roll Again Emissions Controls on Energy Vegetation
Dane
  • Website

Related Posts

World News

Consultants discover drug higher than aspirin for sure coronary heart circumstances

September 2, 2025
World News

Know an Amy or Wubbo? These are the 2025/26 storm names

September 2, 2025
World News

Map: 6.0-Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Afghanistan

September 1, 2025
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks
Categories
  • Entertainment News
  • Gadgets & Tech
  • Hollywood
  • Latest News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech News
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Trending News
  • World Economy
  • World News
Our Picks

Tons of of Flights in Germany Canceled Due to Snow and Ice

January 17, 2024

U.S. to Ship $300 Million in Weapons to Ukraine Underneath Makeshift Plan

March 13, 2024

Hacking Generative AI for Enjoyable and Revenue

October 3, 2024
Most Popular

Circumventing SWIFT & Neocon Coup Of American International Coverage

September 3, 2025

At Meta, Millions of Underage Users Were an ‘Open Secret,’ States Say

November 26, 2023

Elon Musk Says All Money Raised On X From Israel-Gaza News Will Go to Hospitals in Israel and Gaza

November 26, 2023
Categories
  • Entertainment News
  • Gadgets & Tech
  • Hollywood
  • Latest News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech News
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Trending News
  • World Economy
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Terms of Service
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Sponsored Post
Copyright © 2023 Pokonews.com All Rights Reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.